Hours of Operation
River Dogs Resort is based out of our home. We ask that you please respect our privacy and abide by the hours we have posted or make special arrangements.
Please schedule pick-ups and drop-offs during one of the times listed below.
Saturday & Sunday (weekend mornings)
Note: No pick-ups or drop-offs Saturday nights
Special arrangements may be made during off-hours for an additional charge, and pending staff availability.
We are closed for drop-offs and pick-ups on Easter, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, and Christmas day.
*NOTE: There is a 2-night minimum for Dog Boarding on weekends and holidays!
All dogs boarding or coming to River Dogs Resort must meet the following Health and Safety requirements:
- Dogs must be well socialized and not show any protective behavior around toys, food or kennels.
- Owners must certify that their dogs have not harmed or shown any aggressive or threatening behavior toward people or other dogs.
- Dogs must not have extreme anxiety issues when kenneled. (If you are unsure, you may want to consider bringing your dog to River Dogs Resort for one night, prior to an extended vacation).
- Dogs must NOT be repetitive barkers indoors or outdoors.
- All dogs must be spayed or neutered if over 6 months of age.
- All dogs must be clean and in good health.
- All dogs must be free from any condition which could potentially jeopardize other guests.
- Please DO NOT bring your dog to River Dogs Resort if they are not well.
- All dogs must be on some type of flea treatment program.
- A vaccination certificate is required for each dog.
All Dogs Boarding and/or using our Dog Daycare services MUST initially pass a Temperament Test before making reservations at River Dogs Resort.
We do not accept aggressive dogs at this time.
Please call to schedule a tour and we can show you our facilities and meet your dog. Thank you! (916) 952-3647.
Please read through and sign the Policy & Procedures forms ELECTRONICALLY in the client portal system where you create your client and pet profiles. The required forms can be found at the link to the client portal below. We require these forms to be on file with us before we will accept your pets at River Dogs Resort.
All vaccinations MUST be given by a veterinarian. We do not accept self-administered vaccinations.
- DHPP – 3 years
- Distemper/Parvo Combination (DHPP) protects against several potentially fatal diseases.
- D – Distemper, H – Hepatatis, P – Parainfluenza, P – Parvovirus.
- Rabies – 3 years. Rabies protects against the very serious disease that can be fatal to all mammals (including humans).
- Bordetella – 1 year
- Bordetella (also known as Kennel Cough) helps prevent or reduce the severity of this serious respiratory infection that can lead to pneumonia.
- We require the name and phone number of your Veterinarian as well as a certificate of vaccination as proof your dog has received all vaccinations from the list above.
Deposit, Reservations & Cancellation Policy
Please cancel any scheduled dog walking or daycare appointments 48 hours ahead of scheduled day, otherwise you will be charged full price for that one day. We apologize for this inconvenience, but we have a limited capacity for boarding and dog daycare, and when we fill up we must turn people away.
To schedule Pet sitting or Dog boarding at our facilities you must pay a deposit to reserve your spot. If you cancel this reservation within 1 week of your scheduled dog boarding, you forfeit the entire deposit.
Reservation Deposit is $50 to reserve weekend spot and $100 to reserve 1 week spot or longer. Your deposit will be applied towards your total bill when you pick up your dog. Thank you for your cooperation!